1. I used to be a professional singer. I started out in the secular music industry and then in 1976 I had a spiritual awakening and shortly after that began singing for the Lord.
2. I Became a Christian Through a Dream. This actually started because when I was 17 I read the book The Omen. It had scripture from Revelation in it and it startled me to realize that one day Jesus was going to come back. So I read the entire book of Revelation (never a good thing to do when you have no clue about the Bible or God) and I was terrified. When I went to bed that night I had a dream where a voice asked me where I was going and I shouted back that I was going to hell. Next thing I knew - I was there! When I woke up I remembered a tract, called the Four Spiritual Laws, I had been given at school. I knew I had to make myself right with God, so I did everything the tract suggested, which involved a long night on my knees confessing and repenting. I followed that late night up by reading the entire Gospel of John (a much better choice when you want to find out about Jesus). When I went to bed that night I had another dream and in it I was stepping out of the darkness into heaven. Jesus came and took my hand and said, "Now everything is going to be all right." My life changed forever after that.
3. On My Street I'm Known as the Cat-Lady. Some people probably call me the Crazy-Cat Lady, they just never say it to my face. While I admit to loving cats, I have only had three at one time. Now I have two. The above picture on the left is of Jinx (he is licking Cagney). Jinx died many years ago from cancer. On the right is Hugo. He was a stray who was thrown into my neighbour's yard and whose dogs tried to eat him. She rushed him over to me and he's been with us ever since.
4. I went to three different high schools in three different cities. Growing up, my father was always having to move for his job. It was not fun because I was always "the new kid" and I never made any close friends. It was a very lonely time for me. However, it did force me to get to know people and I think that's why I'm an extrovert now.
5. I have a very loud laugh. I can't help it, when something strikes me as funny I laugh - loudly.
6. My family hates my laugh. Strangely my friends love it. I guess if you hear it all the time it starts to grate. Wish I could change but I'm 57, that's not likely to happen!
7. I'm shrinking. It's true what they say about growing old - you do shrink! As someone who has been short her whole life I will take any extra inches I can get. But when you start to lose those inches it is very frustrating. I used to be able to reach the back of my stove. Now I have to stand on my tip-toes to do it! For the record - I used to be all of 4'10, now I'm 4'9".
8. When I was seven I almost lost my eye. I used to take skating lessons when I was a kid and one of the things our instructor warned us about every week was to not get up on the boards with your skates. Well, suffice it to say one little boy did not listen and I got a skate blade to my head, which came dangerously close to my eye (got me in my eyebrow). To this day you can still see the scar.
9. I love rats! I got this love from my daughter who had them as pets while she was living at home. They are great pets! Have cute personalities, love to be loved, have tiny little kisses and love to play. Unfortunately, they do not live very long. This is Hobnob.
10. I came in 3rd runner-up in a high school beauty pageant. I did not want to be in the pageant because I was new to the school and I felt horribly uncomfortable parading myself before people. I only agreed because my cousin (who was in my homeroom class) kept telling everyone I could sing and since the rules were that every homeroom had to pick a contestant who had a talent, I was chosen. It would be the first time I sang in front of an audience of about 500 people. I was 15 years old.